1. Multani Mitti is known to fight acne and pimples
2. Removes excess sebum and oil
3. Deep cleanses skin removing dirt, sweat and impurities
4. Evens out skin tone and brightens complexion
5. Treats tanning and pigmentation
6. Effective in treating sunburn, skin rashes and infections (multani mitti is an effective cooling agent)
7. Can be used in cold compresses to treat skin inflammation and insect bites
8. Facilitates blood circulation, leading to radiant, glowing skin
9. Fights and helps in keeping away blackheads/whiteheads, blemishes, freckles, pimple/acne spots
How to Use Multani Mitti?
Scrub & Exfoliate
If you want to exfoliate your skin, there’s nothing better than teaming orange peel, sandalwood powder and multani mitti. You can even add gram flour and basil to the paste and use it for deep cleaning your skin. Try the regime once or twice every week for best results.
For oily skin
For oily skin. Mix equal quantities of orange peel powder and multani mitti, blend the two together with the help of rosewater, apply on your face, let it dry and wash off. According to Dr. Bharadwaj, using the pack twice a month will help keep excess oil off your face and acne/pimple breakouts in control.
For Dark Circles
For treating dark circles. To get rid of dark circles, simply take half a potato and grate it. Mix it with lemon juice, one teaspoon fresh cream and multani mitti. Use this paste on your eyes and leave for twenty minutes. Wash off and see a remarkable difference in your dark circles.
Deep Exfoliating Face Mask
This good-for-all-skin-types face mask helps in removing dead skin and dirt off your face. All you need is one tablespoon of lime juice, brown sugar and sabudana and one teaspoon of multani mitti.Mix sabudana and lime juice and add in a pan, and let it thicken over a low flame. Keep stirring, then take off the gas and let it cool. Now, add sugar and multani mitti, mix well. Massage on your face avoiding eye area and leave it for 10 minutes.
Take a soft towel or washcloth, dampen it in tepid water and clean your face. Finish by washing your face with cool water and applying a moisturizer. You can even use this as a body scrub.