The Good Effects
Here’s the list of alcoholic drinks that, if taken in moderation, can do good to your health:
- Red wines: These have heart-healthy antioxidants, help you lose weight, refine your memory, prevent cancer and add to your beauty.
- Beer: It helps prevent kidney stones, keeps a check on cholesterol, and is nutrient dense with fiber and vitamins.
- Vodka: It helps mind your weight, improves your metabolism, and manages your stress and blood pressure.
- Rum: It helps prevent cold, increases longevity, improves bone and muscle strength.
- Tequila: It reduces blood sugar levels, thus lowers the risk of diabetes, and controls cholesterol levels.
- Whiskey: It prevents diabetes, cancer, sharpens your memory, and aids in weight loss.
- Brandy: It increases longevity, manages cold and cough, and boost immunity.
The Bad Effects
- Threatens your heart health, by leading to high blood pressure, increased risk of stroke, and other heart problems.
- Lowers the blood sugar level leading to hypoglycemia.
- Loaded with calories, alcoholic drinks may ruin your weight-loss plans.
- Wipes-off vitamins and nutrients from the body, and weakens the immune system.
- Interacts with your medication. If you’re on a medication such as heart drugs, then talk with your doctor as these drug interactions with the alcohol can be fatal sometimes.
- Decreases sex drive, can cause erectile dysfunction in men and infertility.
- Obstructs sleep, dehydrate your body and skin and make you feel bloated.