How Is A Hair Transplant Done?
Before getting a hair transplant, the scalp is cleaned, and medicines are administered to numb the back of your head. Your doctor may choose Follicular Unit Extraction or Follicular Unit Transaction, depending on what’s right for you.
Under FUE, the entire scalp is shaved, and the surgeon removes each follicle while in FUT the surgeon removes a strip of hair from the back.
At this point, under both procedures the doctor prepares the graft, cleans and numbs the area, creates holes with a scalpel or needle, placing each graft in holes. It may take up to 4 to 8 hours to complete the procedure.
Points To Remember Before Getting A Transplant:
Find Out About Doctor and Clinic:
The first step is to find an expert doctor and a perfect hospital to get your hair transplant done. Talk to the doctor in detail, past customers, learn about the treatment. Know how much time it will take you to recover completely and get a detailed understanding about the pros and cons of a hair transplant, complications, healing time etc.
Know The Procedure:
There are two types of hair transplant procedures – Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) and Follicular Unit Transaction (FUT). The difference is under FUE, hair follicles are extracted and transplanted individually, while in FUT doctors remove a strip of hair from the scalp and do a transplant with that. Talk to your doctor which procedure is recommended and works for you. Ensure it is done under absolutely hygienic conditions to avoid serious infections.
Hair Transplants Are Permanent:
A hair transplant is a permanent procedure and it is not possible to reverse it. Hence, calculate the pros and cons of getting a transplant done, how it will change your looks forever, discuss it with family and take a decision.
Cost of the Transplant:
Hair transplants are expensive and ensure that you are making a right decision and your hard-earned money is worth it. Enquire about the prices in similar hospitals and clinics, from same experts before taking a decision.
Know About Recovery:
A hair transplant makes your scalp very tender and you may have to be on pain medications for several days. Your doctor may also prescribe you antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs and one should be able to return to work within a week.
Expectations and Recovery
After the surgery, your scalp may be very tender. You may need to take pain medications for several days. Your surgeon will have you wear bandages over your scalp for at least a day or two. He may also prescribe an antibiotic or an anti-inflammatory drug for you to take for several days. Most people are able to return to work 2 to 5 days after the operation.
Within 2 to 3 weeks after surgery, the transplanted hair will fall out, but you should start to notice new growth within a few months. Most people will see 60% of new hair growth after 6 to 9 months. Some surgeons prescribe the hair-growing drug minoxidil (Rogaine) to improve hair growth after transplantation, but it’s not clear how well it works.
Costs & Risks of Treatment
Thedepends on the level of baldness that a patient is suffering from which generally ranges from Grade 2, being the minimum level of baldness to Grade 7, which is the highest level of baldness. The cost of hair transplant according to the grade levels is given below:
- PRP(Platelet Rich Plasma) or other non surgical methods may be tried to regain the hair loss.
- In case you opt for a PRP package the overall cost can be negotiated. You require Hair Transplant only if you desire to change the level of your hair line, and you do not want to wait for a longer time which PRP treatment might take.
- In case you opt for PRP Treatment the cost in Delhi NCR region may range from Rs.3,000/- to Rs.10,000/- per session.
- If you want to straight away go for hair transplant, ask your about the number of grafts needed.
- In this case hair thinning as well as clear baldness area exists.
- Your clear baldness area and receding hair line can be cured only through hair transplant method.
- Since you are on a borderline of baldness, the cost of hair implant in Delhi region will not burn your pockets too much. In your case approximately 1500 – 2000 or more hair grafts may be required. And your hair transplant cost in Delhi clinic might be Rs. 45,000/- to 70,000/- or more.
- Clear baldness area exists and you definitely require hair transplant.
- In your case approximately 2,000-2,500 or more hair grafts may be needed.
- , Noida, Gurgaon and other NCR region may range from Rs.60,000/- to Rs.90,000/-(in high end clinics).
- 1 PRP session is provided free with the hair transplant. Post treatment care for few months are provided free in various clinics in Delhi.
- Your hair transplant may need approximately 2500-3500 hair grafts.
- Your hair transplantation cost in Delhi may range from Rs.75,000/- to Rs.1,35,000/- (in high end clinics)
- In your case two days hair transplant surgery consisting of 4 to 6 hours is required.
- You may require 3500 – 4500 hair grafts.
- A lump sum hair transplant cost in Delhi clinics can be negotiated which can fit your pocket also without lowering the quality of treatment.
- You require more than 4500 hair grafts.
- Two or three sittings (consisting of 4 to 6 hours) may be required in your case.
- Per graft wise assessment of cost for this hair transplant in Delhi may be beyond your pocket, so you should ask for a lump sum cost.