Saheli tablet Uses, key features, work mechanism, usage, side effects, FAQ’s:
Saheli tablet world’s first and only oral non-steroidal contraceptive pill. ‘Saheli’ aka Centchroman (ormeloxifene 30mg) is the only non–steroidal pill with zero side effects available in the world.
Key features of saheli tablet:
- Saheli possesses no effect on platelet aggregation, lipid profile, and HDL Cholesterol.
- Saheli tablet does not cause congenital anormalies and babies born to user failures present normal milestones.
- This is effective in managing dysfunctional uterine bleeding.
Work mechanism of saheli tablet:
The composition of this tablet is Centchroman (30mg) which acts on estrogen receptors exerts a contraceptive effect and normalizes the bleeding from the uterine cavity by regularising the expression of estrogen receptors on the endometrium.
As a contraceptive, it prevents proliferation and decidualization of the endometrium, enhances blastocyst formation, and slightly increases embryo transport through the oviducts.
Saheli tablet usage:
- From the 1st day (day bleeding starts) of a cycle, start taking saheli twice a week for 3 months. If you take the first pill on a Sunday then take the second tablet on Wednesday.
- From the 4th month onwards, take only one tablet once a week as long as you do not want to get pregnant.
- Continue taking saheli on all the saheli days irrespective of the onset of the subsequent menstrual cycle,
Saheli tablet is sage and free from typical hormonal side effects like weight gain, nausea, vomiting, dizziness and breakthrough bleeding, breast tenderness, acne, hirsutism. The contraceptive effect is readily reversible and subsequent pregnancy is normal.
FAQ’s related to Saheli tablet:
What should I do if I have missed a period?
With Saheli tablet, occasionally the menstrual cycle may get prolonged in some users. This is not a matter of concern. As Saheli acts as a contraceptive, it makes the periods lighter and the interval longer. This is not harmful to the body and can help increase your body’s supply of iron as you lose less amount of blood. However, if your periods are delayed by more than 15 days then consult a Doctor.
What are the contraindications?
Women with the following conditions should not use Saheli:-
-Polycystic ovarian disease
-Recent history of clinical evidence of jaundice or liver disease
-Severe allergic states, chronic illnesses such as tuberculosis, renal diseases, etc
How effective is Saheli as a contraceptive?
Saheli offers excellent pregnancy protection as documented during clinical trials and post-marketing surveillance. The Pearl Index (Contraceptive failure rate in 100 woman-years of use) of Saheli as documented in trials of CDRI is 1,63 and during the post-marketing surveillance the Pearl Index reported is 1.13
For your safety:
- Read the label on the pack before use
- Keep out of the reach of the children
- Never exceed the recommended dose, take as per the mentioned dosage only.
- Avoid using this tablet if you are suffering from jaundice or severe hepatic dysfunction or chronic cervicitis or cervical hyperplasia
If you need our assistance regarding the order placement or have any other query, then please let us know so that our team can assist you & also you can place the order on Whatsapp or email too.
We want to update you that other than this item, we have a wide range of items to fulfill your different needs like Diabetes, skin & face care problems such as acne or pimples, etc, protein/vitamin items, hair care items for dandruff or hair fall, etc, latest health kits/devices to stay updated about your health, items for joint pain/arthritis problem, weight loss items, health drinks & many more.
So check out our website for more.
To get the latest health updates to stay fit check the Health blogs section of our website or like our Facebook page for the latest health articles.