Details about Sugarchek Glucometer with 15 Test Strips
Sugarchek Glucometer comes with the amazing feature to maintain the blood glucose levels to a limit without letting go over the board.
USES- : To test blood glucose level
KEY FEATURES of Sugarchek Glucometer:
– One-touch operation
– Large LCD screen for easy viewing
– 450 results stored with date and time
– Glucose averages provided for 7, 14, 21, 28, 60 and 90 days
– Proactive Ketone warning provided for reading less than 240 mg/dl
– Strips are loaded with Glucose Oxidase technology (GOD) for accurate results.
– Reading errors are reduced as strips have the smallest reaction zone
– Packed in vials, the enzyme in the strips are protected from extreme temperatures of 2 to 32degree Celcius
– Reads from even a speck of blood as it requires just 0.7 microlitres of blood
– Provides precise results in just 7 seconds
– Allows alternative site testing
INDICATIONS – :
FAQ- ‘s about this item
QUESTION- – What is the need to monitor blood glucose (blood sugar) level in the body?
Monitoring blood glucose level is important since it gives a valuable Details to the individual so that he can manage his blood glucose level on daily basis.
QUESTION- – Is Sugarchek Glucometer reliable for self-monitoring of blood glucose level?
Yes, this device is reliable for self-monitoring of blood glucose level in the body. The range of internationally accepted standard error for blood sugar values estimated by glucometer is 10-15% i.e about 10mg/dl up or down from standard value.
QUESTION- – How do I check whether the glucometer is calibrated or not?
Usually, the glucose test strip comes with a unique code so the first step should be to turn the meter on and check whether the code on the test strip and that on the glucometer is same. If codes do not match it indicates that the glucometer is not calibrated.
QUESTION- – What is the general procedure for calibrating any glucometer either automatic or manually?
If the code mentioned on the test strip does not match with the code mentioned on the glucometer then it should be calibrated using the following procedure:
1) Meter with Manual Calibration:
– If the meter is used before then there will be a coding number. See the code number on the test strip label and insert the strip in the meter and enter the code number in the meter by moving the ‘up’ or ‘down’ arrow to calibrate it.
– If the glucometer is new, instead of a coding number, there will be dashes.
2) Meter with Automatic Calibration:
– Turn on the blood glucose meter by pressing the power button
– Open the meter and insert the test strip and close it
– Then the meter will now be calibrated
QUESTION- – Is there any difference between checking blood glucose using a glucometer and from a lab?
The glucometer value gives an estimate of blood sugar in capillary blood while the lab value gives an estimate of blood sugar in the venous blood. In capillary blood, the amount of glucose is less as compared to the venous blood so the difference is slightly elevated for a glucometer reading.
QUESTION- – How frequently should a diabetic patient test his blood sugar in case of other diseased conditions like any infection, fever etc?
In a diabetic patient, such problems may get complicated easily, in that case, the anti-diabetic regimen should not be discontinued. Blood glucose level should be tested more often and if serious problems like recurrent vomiting, problem in taking food orally or unstable blood glucose level (high or less than 70mg/dl) starts to occur then immediately visit a doctor.
QUESTION- – How frequently should I monitor the increased dose of drug/insulin by the doctor?
After an increased dose, the monitoring should be done more frequently to avoid facing any critical situation. Especially in case of new drug initiation or multi-drug therapy with insulin.
QUESTION- – Can I use one blood glucose test strip more than once?
It is always recommended that a new test strip should be used for the test.
QUESTION- – The battery of glucometer can be charged or need to be replaced?
The battery of the glucometer needs to be replaced.