Benefits of Drinking Warm Water
- Activates the stomach and the intestines. Prepares the digestive system and the glands for the first meal of the day.
- Helps in breaking down the food into smaller particles making it easier to digest it.
- Allows the body to absorb nutrients from the food and neutralizes excess digestive acids.
What happens when you drink cold water?
When you drink cold or refrigerated water on an empty stomach, or before, or after a meal, it can lead to various health hassles, such as:
- It leads to constipation. When you drink cold water before or after your meal, the food and the oil content of the meal that you have eaten solidifies and causes deposition of a layer of fat in the intestine. This results into constipation and other tummy woes like bloating, heartburn, and acidity.
- It shrinks the blood vessels and hampers the blood circulation.
- It creates excess mucus in your body, which can lead to a decrease in immunity, making it easier to catch cold and infectious illnesses.
So, the next time you reach out for a glass of cold water, just think of the harmful effects that it might bring to your health!