Veganism is currently defined as a way of living that attempts to exclude all forms of animal exploitation and cruelty, be it from food, clothing, or any other purpose.So similarly veganism is a diet in which people don’t eat animal products & their diet includes only plant produce.
Pros of a vegan diet :
- A vegan diet also helps you lose more weight by reducing your calorie intake and increasing your protein intake.
- It helps you in controlling your diet and your food cravings. It makes you aware of the food that you consume every day.
- It’s free of cholesterol and contains very less saturated fats. This reduces the risk of bigger problems and keeps your heart and body healthy.
- This diet also includes a lot of antioxidant-rich food which help prevent chronic illness. It reduces the risk of problems like blood pressure and diabetes.
- With a vegan diet, you need to rely on other sources for getting adequate nutrients. These alternatives may strain your digestive system and cause discomfort and make your digestive system weak.
- Cutting out the animal produce from your diet may lead to deficiencies in your body. Your body needs calcium and omega 3 and other such vitamins and minerals which it gets from the meat and dairy products. A lack of these may result in nutrition deficiency.
- Lack of proteins and minerals may elevate your existing medical conditions or may lead to bigger health problems.
- You may end up cutting too many calories from your diet and a lack of a healthy amount of calories may lead to weight gain.