The difference between capsule and tablet is that capsule is the medicine that is cylindrical and consist of jelly or powder whereas a tablet is a medicine that is flat and is compressed powder in solid form.
1. A capsule consists of powder or jelly enclosed in a dissolvable plastic container. A tablet is a compressed powder in solid form.
2. Tablets can be cut into two, whereas capsules cannot.
3. Tablets are coated with sugar or similar substances, which means that the drug contained in them will not immediately enter the blood stream.But, the drug in the capsule is known to enter the blood stream immediately.
4. Tablets are also known to have more shelf life and also retain its potential for a longer period than the capsules.
5. Tablets are available in different sizes and shapes. Capsules have less potential and do not come in different shapes.
6. Tablets are known to be less expensive when compared to capsules.
7. When compared to tablets, capsules are easy to swallow.